Saturday, November 26, 2011

Selfishness.. Human Nature

No one wants to be considered selfish because it a "bad" quality. But, everyone is selfish. Even there I bet you are protesting saying, "I'm not." But, there you go. Making it about you. How often do we wait and wait until we can inject something about number one, ourselves? I think that is why listening is so hard. We have to stop thinking about ourselves and listen to someone's life.

Now don't get me wrong I am as selfish as much as the next person. It is part of human nature. I think the important thing is taking control of it or let is consume our relationships in our lives. By taking control, one has to work at being caring and unselfish daily. One can do it by active listening and putting me second.

Even this blog was really about me.. and the whole time you were thinking about when you could relate to it, right?

I invite you in notice how often you interject "I" pronouns in conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment