Saturday, October 8, 2011

Disappointed in the Site

Posting this here as well. I feel it was written well and diplomatically. But, also I know they could delete it because it looks down on the site. I don't want to lose it. So, here it is.

Recently, I wrote a blog. Big surprise, right? In the blog, I got a comment that accused me of being judgmental. IF it was by a friend that reads my blogs regularly, and actually knew ME and not assumed things about me, maybe I could have taken it more to heart. But, it wasn't.

This wasn't the only time this has happened with my blogs. I know I am not alone, either, unfortunately!

With these comments, I have considered each time making my page not public. Ironically, this most recent time a different member from the other one left me a comment about how I inspire them. If I privatized my page, how would I be able to inspire others? For me, I like that I can inspire others to succeed just because I was in their shoes once.

In addition to limiting my ability to inspire others, I have thought about not blogging anymore and/or leaving the site, honestly. But, than, I knew I would miss my friends too much.

There is no easy solution. I know this. I just miss the "old" site I met 3 years ago where every comment was supportive and I never worried about being judged here. I guess that is what I liked about Sparkpeople the most... no judgements, just acceptance!

Now years ago, it seems I am no longer accepted here just because I have succeeded and live a healthy lifestyle. In fact, I feel like just because I am fit and healthy now that I am more under a magnifying glass, instead of a spot light, like before. It is almost assumed that I could not understand how if feels to be judged on just my appearance.

Really, now?! Can't I?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mango, I basically agree that the site has changed. But then again, I have also changed and don't use the site the same as I used to. I think that's why I've wandered out into the blogworld :)

    Then again, I don't know which comment(s) you're referring to, so I'll go check out your blog over there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! I am pretty much over it! I just sometimes feel by blogging out in this never never land that I am talking to myself. With the site, I have an audience.

    ReplyDelete